Sunday 2 November 2014

First time oil paints

I recently became quite intrigued by the use of oil paints for adding filters, streaking and what-not. I have read about these techniques often, but was hesitant to take the plunge.
The main incentive came from Foxx's video from eModels.uk, you can find it here.
He was building and weathering the Colonial Viper which I also happen to be building and his explanations are very thorough.

I found a webshop in the Netherlands (not so easily actually) that sold Mig's Abteilung 502 oil paints and ordered a variety of colours. Today I decided to try and add some streaking to the castle's raised walkway. It's still drying and will probably change somewhat when a matte layer is added later.



2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the famous Shiny Walls of Castle Jeroen. Renowned in all the land of the Belgians. Truly a sight to behold.

    Seriously, my friend, Coming along very well.

    ReplyDelete