Sunday 12 January 2014

Sprue Cutters Union 23: Something to Talk About

The calendar has turned a page and - after a short holiday break - the Sprue Cutters Union continues. In this time of New Year's resolutions, we take a moment to think about what we want to discuss the coming 50 weeks.

- What three topics would you like to see the Union address? -


Actually not that easy, now that I think about it. Jon did a wonderful job over at The Combat Workshop, keeping us thinking about various subjects the past 22 weeks, but it also means that many subjects have already been discussed at various length.

I've tried to be a faithful Sprue Cutter every week, so not heeding this first call in the new year feels wrong. Let's see what I can come up with.

1. Competitions

Have you ever entered a competition? Do you ever intend to? If not, why?
How do you prepare? Do you build ONE model for a competition or do you just bring what you made and feel proud of?

As for me : I build out-of-the-box, I do not care (much) about historical accuracy. I feel happy as a child when it's done. I show it to my girlfriend and take it to the club meeting. Beyond that, contests don't interest me. Or am I afraid of what they'll say?

2. Recommendations

What can you recommend to your fellow modellers? What do we NEED to do or try? You can take this subject very broad : must-build kits, mandatory tools, easy/effective techniques, ...

Or maybe you can do the reverse and warn us never to try a certain something.

3. Legacy

Have you ever inspired someone to start modelling? Have you ever sucked someone into our community?
Do they regret it? :-)


See what other Union members came up with :

or check out the comments at this topic's hub at The Combat Workshop.

2 comments:

  1. Cool look forward to answering these as they come up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these. #3 Should be interesting. I can't say that I have...

    ReplyDelete