Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sprue Cutters Union #12: What You Like

This week, the Sprue Cutters have a simple question for us, which may lead to a very straightforward answer, or something more complicated. As usual, really.

- What do you like to build? -

As a teen, I started with the stereotypical model airplanes. Fighter jets, to be more precise, with a few exceptions. Then I discovered Star Trek also had models and I started gathering every possible ship I could find from my favourite TV-show. The occasional Star Wars-model slipped in as well, but my main theme was obvious back then. You can find pictures of all these models on the Finished Models page.

Since my return to the hobby, I built 3 AFV, a submarine, a car and an airplane. It would be safe to say that I'll build anything that suits my fancy. There's the occasional model than I just have to have as soon as I discover it's existence (The M1070 truck and the Battlestar Galactica, for example), but besides that it's just a matter of finding a kit that appeals to me while browsing the hobbyshop shelves. I'm currently building 2 ships, an Enterprise (there's that Star Trek-theme again), a tank, ... and the stash contains more sci-fi, a truck and 10 airplanes (which I said I wouldn't be doing anymore, but a guy can change his mind right?). I will probably not be doing any more cars or 1/144 airplanes, but that's it.

In closing, this week's answer is pretty simple : just about anything!


Got a blog and a passion for scale models or miniatures? Join the Sprue Cutters Union. All you need to do is write your answer to this week's topic and provide us with a link to your post.

2 comments:

  1. You're a lot like me, everything is fair game...except for cars at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you are really going with what grabs your attention, there's a great sense of freedom in that I hope!

    ReplyDelete