Tuesday 1 January 2013

One more from the attic

The biggest model I ever built (about 14 years ago) was the I.S.S. (International Space Station). It's not in my own attic, since it's a too big to move easily. During a holiday visit to my parents, I finally thought of taking pictures of it.

The solar panels are not yet glued on (paint needs to be scraped off of the connector pins first) and two of them can no longer be attached. Some stuff has broken off and a whole part of it is missing (about the size of three Soyuz-modules). The paintjob is far from wonderful and this is from before the period where I had learned to glue before painting. (one of the reasons stuff has fallen off)

It may not be a masterpiece, but I spend so many weeks on it, that I'm considering trying to repair it completely. But first, I need to fix my workroom in the attic to make room for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment